Green Pest & Tick Control was founded in 2019 by Dr. Thomas A. Green to reduce tick borne disease by controlling ticks through effective approaches that minimize risks to health and environment. Dr. Green is an award winning entomologist with over 30 years of experience helping people address their pest problems with innovative, safe and eco-friendly solutions.
Dr. Green earned his Ph.D. in entomology from the University of Massachusetts in 1992. In 1998, after selling his successful Pest Management Supply Co., he co-founded the IPM Institute of North America, an award-winning non-profit organization focusing on market-based solutions to improve sustainability in agriculture and in communities.
In 2013, Dr. Green founded the national Tick IPM Working Group, connecting leading researchers and practitioners through regular conference calls, Symposia and a new annual Tick IPM Academy for the upper midwest.
Throughout his career in IPM, Dr. Green has built an ever-expanding network of IPM and sustainability professionals. His ability to quickly draw connections across projects and disciplines, and to see how divergent pieces fit together in the big picture brings people and projects together in a shared mission of advancing sustainability in agriculture and communities. One of the biggest successes of his program is the IPM STAR certification for schools and childcare facilities that Dr. Green helped to create. The program impacts more than 2 million children and adopted by the US Army, and offers Green Shield Certification to structural pest management professionals.
- 2021 10th International IPM Symposium Lifetime Achievement Award of Excellence
- 2015 Foundation Medal of Honor
- 2012 Seventh International IPM Symposium Recognition Award
- 2009, 2012 US EPA. Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program Award to IPM Institute for Sustained Excellence
- 2009 Southern IPM Center Friends of Southern IPM Bright Idea Award
- 2009 Sixth International IPM Symposium IPM Excellence Award for the Green Shield Certified Program
- 2008 US EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program National Champion, IPM Institute
- 2005 US EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program National Champion, IPM Institute
- 2005 US EPA Office of Children’s Health Protection. Children’s Environmental Health Recognition Award
- 2004 US EPA. Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program National Champion
- 2004 USDA Certificate of Appreciation for efforts in support of the National Integrated Water Quality Program
- 2003 US EPA REGION 5 AWARD OF RECOGNITION, for outstanding efforts to promote school IPM within Wisconsin and nationally
- 2000 & 2001 WISCONSIN SMALL BUSINESS INNOVATION AWARD, by the Wisconsin Small Business Innovation Consortium
- 1987 HARRY ROSENFELD AWARD, awarded by the Dept. of Entomology, University of Massachusetts, for outstanding graduate work in applied entomology